Get 3 ITIL Credits
21 Contact Hours
Well-Curated Training Material
Highly interactive sessions
ITIL ST Training Overview
Organizations undergo numerous transitions in its lifecycle and Service Transition module of the ITIL Service Lifecycle triggers into the fundamentals of processes, techniques and principles of the service transition stage. This ITIL Intermediate ST Certification Training also focuses on the impact and interdependence of service transition on the other stages of the Service Lifecycle.
Without structured service transition process in place, organizations tend to implement changes inefficiently with several loopholes that might lead to severe consequences in the future. ITIL module lays the guidelines for best practices that are essential while implementing organizational changes.
The Service Transition module teaches professionals how to plan resources for the change as decided in the Service Strategy and Service Design stages. The ST certification course also throws light on the organization and management aspects of the transition while providing a proof of validation – ITIL ST Certificate at the end of the course.
- Understanding Service Transition within the view of IT Service Management
- Learning the Service Transition principles, purposes and objectives laid within the ITIL framework
- Getting an insight of the activities, sub-processes, methods and functions used in the Service Transitions module
- Knowing roles and responsibilities assigned to a Service Transition certified professional and techniques to achieve organizational excellence
- Analyzing the effectiveness of Service Transition for organizational benefits
- Assessing risks, challenges and critical factors associated with the Service Transition module
- Preparing for the ITIL Intermediate ST certification exam
Professionals involved in change management and configuration management are ideal candidates for the Service Transition (ST) course.
ITIL ST Certification adds value to candidates working as:
- Chief Technology Officers (CTOs)
- Chief Information Officers (CIOs)
- Change Managers
- Configuration Managers
- Service Managers
- IT Audit Managers
- IT Security Managers
- IT Planners & Architects
- IT Consultants
Candidates applying for the ITIL Intermediate Service Transition course must:
- Have an ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- Complete the ITIL ST training from an Accredited Training Organization (ATO)
- Possess a minimum of 2 years of service expertise in the field of ITSM
ITIL framework has been recognized and adopted by many organizations as an integral part of their service operations. ITIL ST Certification provides you with the knowledge of an important aspect of the Service Lifecycle and adds up to a candidate’s profile.
Organizations are increasingly hiring certified Service Transition professionals in order to ensure that implementing change in their organizations do not lead to unsuccessful attempts and project inefficiencies. The demand for certified ST professionals has seen immense rise in the recent years and therefore obtaining the ITIL ST certification is truly an investment worth making.
Moreover, this training offers 3 ITIL credits that can be useful while attaining further ITIL Certifications such as ITIL Expert Certification
Virtual Instructor-Led Session
2 days Instructor led Online Training
Experienced Subject Matter Experts
Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
24*7 leaner assistance and support
- Purpose and goals
- Linking Service Transition to other ITIL® lifecycle stages
- How Service Transition creates business value
- Service Transition principles: the concept of service and the role of utilities and warranties
- Examining all of the services, their utilities and warranties
- Establishing a formal policy and common framework for implementation of all required changes
- Supporting knowledge transfer, decision support and the reuse of processes, systems and other elements
- Anticipating and managing course corrections
- Ensuring involvement of Service Transition requirements throughout the lifecycle
- Managing changes in a controlled and consistent manner with minimum disruption: The Seven Rs
- Maintaining standardized methods for efficient and prompt handling of all changes
- Optimizing business risk
- Change, Configuration and Release Management
- Capacity and Availability Management
- Identifying, controlling and accounting for service assets and CIs
- Recording all changes in the Configuration Management system
- Enabling informed decision1making with a Service Management Knowledge System (SKMS)
- The Data, Information, Knowledge, Wisdom structure
- Assembling and positioning all aspects of services into production
- Establishing effective use of new or changes services
- Delivering changes at optimized speed, risk and cost
- Transition planning and support
- Service Validation and Testing: the Service V Model
- Evaluating performance vs. expectations
- The nature, purpose and value of supporting Service Transition activities
- Managing communications and commitment
- Managing organizational and stakeholder change
- Stakeholder Management
- The role and requirements of Service Transition in other ITIL® processes
- Roles and responsibilities
- Applying Service Transition to multiple circumstances
- Identifying the organizational context
- Defining technology and tool requirements
- Analyzing the technology requirements for the elements of Service Transition
- Supporting Service Transition through technology
- Integrating Service Transition into the entire lifecycle
- Matching technology to the organizational situation
- The challenges facing Service Transition
- Identifying CSFs and risks that affect the viability of new and changed services
- Establishing critical success factors and key performance indicators (KPIs
- Estimating benefits and risks for new or changed services
- Incorporating external factors into the analysis
Lead Customer Success Manager
MEP Construction Manager
The Service Transition module is one of the modules of the ITIL Service Lifecycle and deals with implementing change in a well-planned manner in an organization. Service Transition lays guidelines on the industry standards while implementing organizational change with regards to decisions made during the Service Design and Service Strategy levels while also improvising overall business productivity.
Candidates must complete the following requirements before applying for this course:
- ITIL Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management
- ITIL ST training from an Accredited Training Organization (ATO)
- Minimum of 2 years of service expertise in the field of ITSM
Service transition is an important phase for organizations and it should be implemented in a planned manner. ITIL Service Transition module helps professionals achieve formal knowledge of the principles, processes, functions, objectives and methods to be followed during service transition in order to ensure smooth flow and effective change implementation.
Yes, Vinsys offers a certificate on successfully clearing the ITIL ST certification exam.
Candidates have to appear for 8 multiple choice questions and have to score minimum 70% (28 marks out of 40) in 90 minutes to clear the exam. This is a closed book exam.
The ITIL ST certificate does not expire and candidates need not have to worry about recertification.