Industry-expert, certified trainers
ISACA accredited courseware & Extensive hands-on
Highly interactive training sessions & Practical, skill-based learning approach
Course completion certificate
COBIT5® Foundation Certification Training - Course Overview
COBIT Framework aims at providing a common language and terminology for businesses to easily communicate with one another with regards to IT objectives, guidance, and outcome. With a COBIT 5 Foundation Certification, stay in tune with the most updated IT Governance Framework that provides you with an integrated, holistic approach to governance and management of enterprise IT. With this COBIT 5 Certification, identifying issues that affect IT organizations becomes simpler.
Some of the COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training fundamentals that we cover in our Training are listed below:
- How IT management issues are affecting organizations (Understanding the Enterprise goals and creating IT goals accordingly is a need for an IT)
- The COBIT 5 Product Architecture
- The requirement for an effective framework to govern and manage enterprise IT
- How COBIT meets the requisitions for an IT governance framework
- How COBIT is used with other standards and best practices( how different processes defined in COBIT is interfacing with different required disciplines to govern and manage IT)
- The functions provided by COBIT and the benefits of using COBIT Framework
- The COBIT framework and all the components of COBIT (How Enablers are giving the holistic approach to cover the enterprise End to End.)
- How to apply COBIT in a practical situation by understanding basic concepts for the implementation of COBIT 5.
COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training developed by ISACA is there to help IT professionals and IT Entrepreneur leaders perform their IT Governance responsibilities. The COBIT Certification is suitable for IT professionals working in risk, privacy, compliance, security and assurance management domains. It is also ideal for business entrepreneurs, leaders as well as freshers who take interest in Governance and Management of Information Systems.
- IT auditors
- IT managers
- IT quality professionals
- IT leadership
- IT developers
- Process practitioners
- Managers in IT service providing firms and university students
There are no prerequisites for the COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training. Although a basic understanding of the nature of COBIT and what is covered in COBIT Certification Training is helpful.
To deliver value-added services, governance is just as important as management. To make that possible, understanding the fundamentals of Governance through a sound, effective framework that is COBIT - Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies has been proven to be the uppermost one.
The purpose of the COBIT 5 Foundation Training and Certificate is to confirm that a candidate has adequate knowledge and understanding of the COBIT 5 guidance. It develops awareness with their business executives and senior IT Management; evaluating the current situation of their own Enterprise IT with the objective of mapping what aspects of COBIT 5 would be appropriate to implement as a priority.
COBIT 5 Foundation training and certification covers end to end business and assists you to effectively govern and manage enterprise IT. This level increases knowledge by understanding the relationship between Businesses and other stakeholders and their needs. In foundation level COBIT Training, an introduction to implementation guidance and process capability assessments is provided.
Below listed are some of the objectives of taking a COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training and Exam. The participant must aim to:
- Learn how to ensure accuracy of gathered information
- Manage risk factors
- Understand what strategic goals are and how to achieve them with the help of IT
- Maintain operational eminence by effectively utilizing the COBIT tools
- Abide by the laws and regulations of Governance
- ISACA Accredited Training Organization (ATO) to deliver globally
- ISACA Approved Examination Organization (AEO) to operate globally
- Internationally acclaimed Subject Matter Expertise
- A panel of COBIT Certified Experts with 15+ years of Industry and Training Experience
- Facilitators conducted 200+ ITSM and IT Governance Boot-camps
- Trained 50,000+ professionals across the globe
- Quality ensured COBIT 5 Foundation Certification Training material accredited by ISACA
- Exam Success Ratio close to 99% in the 1st attempt
- COBIT IT Governance Consultation to Professionals & Organizations
- Flexible training schedules, study material, consultation, career guidance, access to Vinsys Learning Labs and much more.
About The Examination
It is recommended that students should complete at least one COBIT5® Foundation Mock Exam.
- Multiple Choice format
- 50 questions per paper
- 25 mark or more required to pass (out of 50 available) - 50%
- 40 minute duration
- Closed book.
Vinsys is a 20-year old training provider that excels in professional course training deliveries. With highly skilled, expert trainers and well-structured training methodologies in place, Vinsys guarantees successful certification to its candidates along with necessary skills. We focus on delivering value to our candidates and therefore insist more on the practical implementation skills rather than just revolving around the theoretical knowledge. We have well-curated, up-to-date course material and highly functional training labs that are available at flexible hours for the convenience of our learners.
Here is a quick glance of our key features:
- Already trained more than 600,000 professionals worldwide
- Scenario-based learning approach with real examples
- Flexible training hours
- Interactive training sessions with instant query resolution
- Highly experienced trainers with relevant industry expertise
- Up-to-date courseware
- 98% exam passing success rate in the first go
The COBIT 5 Foundation certificate does not expire and carries a life-long validity. So candidates do not need to re-certify after successfully completing the certification.
Virtual Instructor-Led Training
- Instructor led Online Training
- Experienced Subject Matter Experts
- Approved and Quality Ensured training Material
- 24*7 leaner assistance and support
- Overview of COBIT 5
- 5 Principles of COBIT 5
- COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
- Step 1. Stakeholder Drivers Influence Stakeholder Needs
- Step 2. Stakeholder Needs Cascade to Enterprise Goals
- Step 3. Enterprise Goals Cascade to IT-related Goals
- Step 4. IT-related Goals Cascade to Enabler Goals
- Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
- Benefits of the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade
- Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade Carefully
- Using the COBIT®5 5 Goals Cascade in Practice
- Governance Approach
- Governance Enablers
- Governance Scope
- Roles, Activities, and Relationships
- COBIT®5 Framework Integrator
- COBIT®5 Enablers
- Systemic Governance and Management Through Interconnected Enablers
- COBIT®5 Enabler Dimensions
- Enabler Performance Management
- Enabler Performance Management
- Example of Enablers in Practice
- Governance and Management
- Interactions Between Governance and Management
- COBIT®5 Process Reference Model
- Considering the Enterprise Context
- Creating the Appropriate Environment
- Recognizing Pain Points and Trigger Events
- Enabling Change
- A Life-Cycle Approach
- Getting Started: Making the Business Case
- Differences Between the COBIT 4.1 Maturity Model and the COBIT 5 Process Capability Model
- Differences in Practice
- Benefits of the Changes
- Performing Process Capability Assessments in COBIT
Mazen Aby Ayache
COBIT 5 is an acronym for Control Objectives for Information and Related Technologies version 5.
COBIT 5 version is the latest one. It was recently released, in 2019.
COBIT 5® Foundation Certification course gives detailed knowledge of IT Governance. COBIT 5® Foundation Certification course provides comprehensive, basic-level training for anyone involved in the governance, management, and delivery of services in IT.
COBIT 5® Foundation Certification does not have an expiry date.
There are no prerequisites for this exam. However, some experience in IT Service is recommended so that the participant can relate with the COBIT concepts, principles and processes.
COBIT 5® Foundation Certification course is suited for IT professionals working in IT Service Enterprises, IT Governance, Information Security, Risk Management and Audit. COBIT 5 Foundation Course is beneficial for all IT professionals such as IT managers, Quality Managers, Developers, Process Practitioners, and Audit Managers in IT service-providing firms.
Training duration for this course is 2 to 3 days.
Yes. COBIT 5 is a holistic IT Governance methodology that helps you understand the principles of governance and management in Enterprise IT.
Yes, we do. At the end of the course, we execute the COBIT 5 exams. After you successfully complete our COBIT 5® Foundation training program and upon successfully passing of Foundation exam, you shall receive a soft copy of COBIT 5® Foundation certificate on your email which states that you have successfully completed the COBIT 5 Foundation course.
All open house sessions are conducted only on weekends at Vinsys Labs for the convenience of working professionals who wish to attend. At Vinsys, we create our schedules as per your preferences of location and time. You can put in a request to arrange a training program in your organization and we will be there along with our Vinsys Learning Lab!
At Vinsys, we offer the most cost-effective, professional IT training programs. If you are an individual or a working professional, please do check our updated course calendar for COBIT 5® Foundation Certification Program here. For our Tailor-made (as per your team’s availability and convenience) and specially scheduled COBIT 5® course and COBIT 5 exams, write to us on email@example.com or fill out the enquiry form.
Along with the training sessions, we provide the required course material, a set of practice questions for your exam preparation and access to our tech-enabled Learning Labs to create a dynamic learning experience for you.
Training sessions at Vinsys are conducted by certified experts who have practical working experience as well as training experience. Our facilitators hold 20+ years of experience in IT Service Management and IT Governance and are recognized globally for their expertise in the field of IT.
In this training program, you will gain the context and basic understanding of COBIT 5® including the processes and principles of COBIT 5. Grasping the COBIT 5® fundamentals will create a great foundation for COBIT 5® Assessor Certification for you.
No. COBIT 5 Foundation certificate is a prerequisite for COBIT 5 Assessor.
- Provide experiential education
- Guidance from experienced Industry Experts
- ISACA approved training organization & examination center
- ISACA approved Quality course material
- Post-training support
- Professional career consultation, learning and exam guidance, access to learning labs, and more.
The fee structure for COBIT 5 Certifications is inconstant in nature. Please contact your ATO (Authorized Training Organization) or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more. You can also call our helpline +91 20 67444700 to talk to our corporate training experts.
It is a multiple-choice question exam paper and has 50 questions in it. The duration to solve the paper is 1 hour. Clearing the exam requires you to secure the score of at least 50%, which means that at least 25 questions have to be answered correctly.
You are expected to secure at least 25 out of 50 marks to clear the examination. 50% is the passing percentage.
Yes, it is a closed book test.
Vinsys follows a high integrity exam procedure wherein everything is supervised by ISACA accredited personnel.
Yes, COBIT 5 allows you to choose the suitable option, Computer-based or Paper-based.